- Plum Publications
- Beginning and intermediate forms, ancient practice,
- Professional teacher with good reputation, authentic teaching
- Advanced martial/health practice, Eight Palm Changes,
- Narrated in English, three forms demonstrated
- Top technical skills, postures, walking, hand forms explained
The first of a two-part series of DVDs on the art of BaGua Zhang by one of the most influential martial historians of our time. Scrupulously accurate and profoundly informed, Professor Kang Ge-Wu is an authority acknowledged throughout China AND the off-mainland Chinese world as a major researcher in martial lore and history. In volume One he demonstrates three important forms from the fast-growing art of Bagua which might be called the Tai Chi of the 21st century. He also shows lots of basics: walking patterns, hand formations, steps. Forms, history, styles... this one surveys the whole field and is one of the best introductions to this art possible.